Monday, November 9, 2009

Can we keep him?


As I was taking a letter to the mailbox today, I was startled by a sound in a bush by the garage. I just figured it was a rabbit since we have had them around constantly eating up our shrubs. I shook the shrub thinking the rabbit would run off, but the rustling underneath the shrub didn't stop. I looked a little closer to investigate the cause and was very surprised to find a turtle trying to get under the shrub as far as he could. Brandon and Anna were outside with me and I told them to come check out the turtle. I pulled the turtle out of the shrub so they could look at it. They thought it was pretty cool! The turtle wanted to get back under that shrub so it took off, and of course Anna tried to stop it. She loves animals and isn't afraid to touch most of them. I was trying to figure out what to do with it, not wanting to put it in harms way in the road. The kids said, "Can we keep it?" I didn't have to think too hard about this. "No, we don't need a turtle and he will be much happier outside trying to find a new home" I said. So we took the turtle to an open area where hopefully it will be safe. A little later when Brandon was going to get on the bus, we looked for the turtle but couldn't find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment