
When Anna was just a couple months old she figured out how to get her thumb to her mouth and the thumb sucking habit began. I thought it was so cute and she was able to comfort herself when she needed to. Other people would tell me their stories of how hard it was to break their kids from doing it and I knew I would just deal with it when the time came. Well, it still is cute to see her sucking her thumb, but the time has come (or at least I think so). Now, she is not ready, but we are going to work on it. The other day I told her she could only suck her thumb when she was in bed or in the car. Have to start somewhere right? I haven't made it to putting yucky tasting stuff on her thumb yet, but I might have to go to that next. Now, the funny part is when she went to her room the other day and had been in there a little while. I asked her what she was doing in there and she told me she was laying down. I asked her if she was tired and she said no. She was in her bed because "I can suck my thumb when I am in bed." Oh Anna, you are too smart! I got a good laugh out of that one. Yes, we do have some work ahead of us.

Love it!!
ReplyDelete