

Anna has been asking me for a long time when she can go to the dentist and I kept telling her soon. Well, soon finally came and she went for her first appt. last week. She met her dentist, Dr. Pickens, took a ride in the chair (her belly button was the up and down switch) and came away with a balloon, new tooth brush and toothpaste. I did recieve the news that I knew I would, "she needs to quit sucking her thumb." Yes, yes, I know this. She is doing much better with this habit and catches herself getting ready to do it. But, we do have some orthodontic, head gear in our future I believe. We should probably start saving for this now. Anyway, the dentist doesn't clean the kids teeth on their first visit, as to not overwhelm them. So, we went back yesterday for her first cleaning. She did great, picking out her flavored toothpaste and flouride. The down side of the flouride meant no gum or anything sticky to eat for the rest of the day. Anna loves gum and did ask for some, but we made it through the day obeying the flouride rules. It was a good experience for her! Dr. Pickens, we will see you in six months (hopefully, done sucking the thumb).

Awe - Becca sucked her thumb until 4th grade when finally the dentist put a device in her mouth and that did the trick!!! She really didn't want to do the habit after she entered school but somehow at night it happened. HA! So I feel for you but thumb suckers are such mild kids... Love the pictures and updates!!!
ReplyDelete